Sunday 11 February 2018

One geologist told me: "I've found a deposit of REE"

One geologist told me: "I've found a deposit of REE, which content is 4-6%. Develop me a technology, please!"

I told him: "Firstly I would like to be sure that you have found the deposit, rather than granite quarry.
Later, he gave me the mineralogical composition of the ore. I was right. He found an apatite deposit. Usually, apatite is breed mineral.
This occurrence is not a REE deposit. Fertilizer is the maximum You can get."

P.S. A good mineral deposit is a rare find. Not every occurrence of minerals is a true mineral deposit.

For example, under the guise of REE deposits, they can sell an occurrence containing apatite, thorite, fluorite, brockite and many others. Such “deposits” are unpromising for the production of REE.

From apatite you can get only mineral fertilizers. You can become an ordinary fertilizer producer, but you will never become a Rare Earth King.


You didn’t dream about this!

We can give a lot of such examples. We presented in the table only a few real examples:

Ph.D. Natalia Petrovskaya

No comments:

Post a Comment